Amongst all communities here in Dubai, JLT is my favourite. Not only that I get to spend 5 days in a week in this area (I've been working here since October 2014) watching yet another man-made lake lake sitting nicely under the sun but this part of the city has turned into a culinary melting pot with over a hundred flavours to choose from. Bahraini cuisine is just one of them.
Yasalam Restaurant in Cluster F
They have an outside seating area for Al Fresco diners, a view of the Marina buildings, and a playground below it. It is somewhere at the corner of HDS Tower in Cluster F, you may need to take the stairs nearest Zoom supermarket and going past other restaurants like Inn Lay Asia and Richy's.
What We Ordered
Like I always do, I ordered one of the best sellers: Super Food salad and mixed shawarma platter served with hummus, bread, and green salad on the side. My room mate had a Malghoom shawarma meal that comes with spicy fries and drink. Desserts were red velvet and strawberry cheesecake.
Roommate and I agreed on many things:
- They have great spicy fries nicely cut in mini-strings.
- Hummus is undeniably good - thick and ultra smooth, without any weird textures.
- Bread (the one served with the platter and the one used for the shawarma wrap) was freshly baked.
- Unlike other doner and shawarma restaurant, their meat were salted just right.
- NEVER. EVER. MISS. THEIR. GARLIC HERB SAUCE. It's a must, I repeat, it's a must.
- The greens on their salads are fresh and crunchy.
- Good value for money, you can spend as little as 50AED for a complete meal with desserts.
- And the meal was heavy for one person.